Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Why must I push people's buttons?


















Why does it seem that sometimes I must say or do things simply because I know that some would want me not to. What is this special joy I get from being just a little bad. Now, I am sure that if you asked any of those who know me, if I am a good person they would answer that I am more then reasonably so. But oh, those few aqaintances and family members that would have me be more prudent, reasonable, cautious, or even sagacious, drive me to behave atrociously.      So I set out into the world each day, trying to be good. But, I do so with my own terms.     My navy blue nails, polished and buffed to a high gloss and as razor sharp as my tongue. It has taken some time for me to realize that not everyone will get me.  And that just fine.  Those poor careful fools. 

7 comments:

Ana said...

Okay, WHERE did you find that incredible image??? And why didn't you run over to my house at 3 am, wake me up and show it to me when you know perfectly well that I'm obsessed? I want that image on a T-shirt, a coffee mug, a decal AND my personal stationary...There. Now you know what to get me for Christmas!

BTW, fuck 'em.

(How funny that my word verification is "exual"!!)

Grumpy Guy said...

Do you know the story of the scorpion and the frog?

ana, that image is the tattoo you need...but where?

Ana said...

Yes, another thing Beverly here has been trying to talk me into... I think on my forehead or on the bottom of my foot?

Beverly, wake up! Your bloggers await!

Beverly Hamilton Wenham said...

Why are none of us surprized that I saw that image and thought of Ana? I can see the card now... A Merry Christmas from Ana to all of you.

Oh and your getting a tattoo!

Beverly Hamilton Wenham said...

OH, and GG, do tell of frog and scorpion!

Grumpy Guy said...

A scorpion came to a body of water and could not find a way around it. He spied a frog swimming by. "Mr. Frog, give me a ride across the water on your back". "No, Mr. Scorpion"­ said Mr. Frog. "You'll­ sting me and I'll drown".­ "Now why would I do that, as I would drown too?" "Well, I guess that's true, Mr. Scorpion, climb aboard."­ So the scorpion clambered aboard the frog's back and the frog began swimming across the water. About midway across the water, the frog felt a sharp stab in his side. As he began to sink, he said, "Why did you sting me Mr. Scorpion? Now we'll both drown."­ The scorpion answered, "becaus­e it's my nature"­.

I LOVE that story. You push people's buttons because they're there and it's your nature. good for you!

Beverly Hamilton Wenham said...

It's true, but only the buttons of those who judge. I bet that frog was judging deep down inside. That would be just like him.