Monday, March 23, 2009

Brave New Writer



Dear friends,
You are all such good writers and storytellers that I often find myself frozen in place unable to write. I want things to be perfect and just right. So much so that I get in my own way and end up not writing at all. As my great friend Ana, at Truepenny has said, this will not do. I must throw myself into the fray and just write something everyday. Even if it may as that sentence just did, rhyme by accident. Sorry.
My lovely daughter Emma, who is both witty and wise, said that I must look at this as a sketchbook. Don’t be perfect; just get it on the page. So if you will all put up with my bad spelling and grammar I will try to be here more often. Not frozen, but warm. Writing and playing with all of you who are so brave and talented.

BHW

8 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Accidental rhymes are great! Have you seen the movie Happy Gilmore?

scarlet-blue said...

Yep, just throw yourself into it and remember that everyone is unique. Including you.
Sx

Eva said...

I miss you! Even if you were writing about the weather outside, I'd still be there to read it.

Deborah said...

Not that long ago, I had exactly the same experience! I didn't feel like I couldn't write, I just felt like I wrote crap. If you'd call a writer's block word obstipation, I was suffering from word diarrhoea:
http://debbiedoeslondon.blogspot.com/2009/02/word-diarrhoea.html

The thing is to keep writing, and stay critical of yourself at the same time.

It will pass, you'll be proud of some of your sketches again, I promise!

Deborah

Ana said...

'Atta girl!

Peter N said...

Thawed and warm is great. Never doubt yourself. You're too talented.

laughingwolf said...

no such thing as 'perfect' anything, beverly... just do what you can, polish it, and set it free :)

all i've seen of yours is very well done, btw

小貓咪 said...

情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫