Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm Back!

I'M BACK !




Hello Darlings. Oh, I have missed you all. I wanted to write sooner, but I had not finished my short story. You were all so encouraging, but when I sat down to write the story it would turn to ether and float away.
Then an odd thing happened. Other characters began showing up. It was as if I had given an intimate cocktail party and a vanload of people would crash the party. And the most surprising part was that they were far more interesting then the guests that I had invited. Could it be true that the story already exists and it is up to me to chip away at the alphabet until it’s spirit can be released. I know one thing I have learned to trust my instincts a little bit more. The original story is still in there, but now it sits at the periphery. The main character has more to say and do. I also like her a lot more, and then I did before. I want to be her friend. Wait, I am her friend. I care about her and all the characters. I think I may actually be writing now for myself. That can only be a good thing, right?
Of course I had big plans for the summer. Winning the Pulitzer. Winning the Lottery.
(Sharing it all with you, of course) Eating better, Exercising. But, life just got in the way. As it always seems to do. But, I did think of all of you my friends.

Mapstew: Whenever the girls and I went to the beach this summer we would always wave and blow a kiss to you and yours across the ocean!

Jimmy B: I was so worried when I heard. You’re in my prayers and in my heart. You’re no pansy, so I am sure if you’ll just rest a wee bit you’ll be fine. Try not beating anyone up for a week or two and see if that helps any. If you’re not good I’ll come over there and help your wife kick your ass.

Japing Ape: King of the jungle, truly evolved being, how I have missed you perspective on this world gone mad.

Scarlet: I have had nowhere to turn for a real ladies view on things. I mean a real sexy ladies view. Were have all the sexpots gone?

Dear Peter N.: Guess what. My daughter dating a pitcher! Just a local team, but he is teaching her to love The Red Sox. Oh, the heart aches to come.

Kate: Your far busier then me, but you manage to keep up your blog. Super woman! I hate you. Love, Bev

Laughing Wolf: Who always makes me laugh!

Aishoka: a woman of mystery that appears like a ghost and then is gone, again.

Madame Defarge: Can I be you when I grow up? You’re just so hip and funny.

Deborah K.: Have I been sog? I think I have. If only I had stated writing when I was your age! AHhh. Can we be friends when you are famous? Can I say, oh yes we go way back ole, Deb and I.

Ana: My newest friend, Your are truly funny and very smart. I hope you will be around for a long time. Heck I hope I will be around for a long time!

Emma: I know I owe you a bad sex story I haven’t forgotten. I must have had one. Hum, Let me think…

And to all my new friends, I promise to check in this week and say Hi, Thank You for stopping by. If I missed you on this list I am truly sorry, but it is growing late and my brain is growing numb.

I will catch up with you all and have missed you.

Much LOVE
Bev

8 comments:

Jimmy Bastard said...

You told me you was just going outside for a while... welcome back hen.

Gorilla Bananas said...

Lovely to see you're back, Beverley. Scratching your back would be equally lovely.

Scarlet-Blue said...

Good to see your back!
I imagine these gentlemen would also like to see your front!
Sx

Madame DeFarge said...

Superfab to see you back again. As long as you had a good time over the time, who cares how you spent the time. Be good to see you back in print again.

Ana said...

Nice of you to include me in your list! ;-) Glad you're back. Love the new look, woman! And I, too, hope you'll be around for a long time.

kate said...

oooooh, such piercing words! I know in your world hate=love. plus. look at all your followers flocking back to your side!

mapstew said...

Waving and blowing kisses back!

Welcome back.

xxx

laughingwolf said...

just living up to my name, bev ;) lol

welcome back, you were missed!